If you want to launch a new product, a service, an online training program, or even a new business, I’d like to introduce you to the launch expert -> Jeff Walker, and his masterpiece. Product Launch Formula ® (PLF) is the most detailed, step-by-step process to launch a product or service online. In this article, I will:
- review the formula,
- discuss the program’s main concepts and
- explain everything you need to know to decide whether this course is a good fit for you.
(UPDATED: November 4th, 2022)
Table of Contents (click to expand)
Let me first overview the program…
|Product Name:||Product Launch Formula|
|Price:||$1,997 OR 6 x $397|
|PreLaunch Start:||October 28th 2022|
|Release Date (Open Cart):||October 31st 2022|
|Cart Close:||November 4th 2022|
|Refund Period:||14 days|
|Segment:||Business, Marketing, Sales|
What is the Product Launch Formula aka PLF?
The Product Launch Formula ® is the most in-depth step-by-step training to launch a product or service. The vision of this coaching program is to:
- Take you in at any step you are in at the moment (whether you are still in the idea generation process or already have an established business.)
- Help you develop or improve your product/service through the supporting program – Product Creation Code.
- Help you to understand your customer’s persona.
- Help you find the right launch type for your business.
- Teach effective marketing and business strategies and show you how to use them.
- Coach you on your way to your first successful product launch.
- Help you improve it, re-launch it and use it as a regular business practice – “Living the Launch Life.”
So many elements need to be properly aligned to have the perfect launch, so it’s hard to think about everything. The PLF comes in handy, as this could be named the ultimate knowledge base for launching.
This online course has 8 main modules, actionable PDF guides, and 48 videos with almost 13 hours of video training. The modules are then additionally supported with 65 hours of video training that cover:
- case studies for each specific launch type,
- many prelaunch and sales video audits,
- brainstorming sessions that help you find the right lead magnet for your business,
- done-for-you email sequences,
- sales letter and sales video templates,
- coaching calls, etc.
Based on what you can find in the course, this is the most comprehensive launch training I have found on the market. If you want specific details about modules with pros/cons, read my in-depth review of the Product Launch Formula.
How Does It Work? The Most Important Concepts Explained
The Product Launch Formula works by turning the marketing for your product, service, or anything else into an event. The program teaches us how to use the Sideways Sales Letter™ and integrate these three main tools for a successful launch:
- sequences and
- mental triggers.
In a few sentences, Sideways Sales Letter is Jeff Walker’s concept of the traditional direct marketing sales letter. It combines stories and mental triggers to gain trust during the PreLaunch and help you sell your product in the Open Cart sequence.
You must be saying: “what are those buzzwords…”
Jeff Walker also does the Launch Masterclass video series, where he goes deep into his concept and gives away much of his knowledge for FREE. If you think about launching, take 12-15 hours of your free time and watch it, because it might open your eyes.
The Launch Masterclass – FREE Workshop
I have watched it many times, and I can say that the Launch Masterclass is a perfect “case study” example of a live launch. This 4-part video series is a blend of what Jeff teaches in the formula: Sideways Sales Letter, sequences, stories, and mental triggers. It gives you enormous value and strives to convince you to enroll in the $1997 program.
If the masterclass is too extensive for you, I got your back. So keep reading to learn about the main concepts of Product Launch Formula – the stuff Jeff teaches in his masterclass and formula.
What Is The Sideways Sales Letter And How To Use Sequences?
What Is The Sideways Sales Letter And How To Use Sequences?
The Sideways Sales Letter is the core strategy behind PLF that has transformed marketing. The main flaw of the classic direct response approach is that people usually scroll down to the bottom of the sales page, look at the price and then decide if they even want to dive into the sales story for the product offered. Jeff flips the traditional direct marketing sales letter sideways and delivers the content from this long-form sales letter over many days – in sequence.
The Prelaunch sequence usually lasts 7-10 days and is further divided into three or more content pieces, which will tell the story of your upcoming offer.
In today’s distracted world and saturated market, you must use a sequence of content to stand out and capture attention. And when you get that attention, you need to provide real value so that people return the next time you release another content piece. That way, you get trusted and build a relationship with the people before you ask for the sale.
Sequences build the sideways sales letter. You’re probably most familiar with the Prelaunch and Open Cart, but there are others across the different parts of the formula. And all of them serve a specific purpose.
|Pre-Prelaunch||to warm up traffic|
|Prelaunch||to build relationship and get people ready for the upcoming offer|
|Open Cart||to sell the product or a service|
|Post Launch||to nurture your new customers and those who didn’t buy from you, so you get them ready for the next launch|
|JV Launch||to get affiliates excited for the upcoming promotion (if you are doing a JV launch)|
Why Should You Tell Stories Within A Sequences To Sell Efficiently
Why Should You Tell Stories Within A Sequences To Sell Efficiently
Like in the old direct marketing approach, you should use stories to sell efficiently. This way, the audience gets the point and actively imagines what you, as a storyteller, describe. But, at the same time, you also wake up their emotions. They become engaged and therefore remember the story messages.
The biggest difference to the classic approach is that you deliver your marketing message (within stories) in sequences. This way, your marketing message sits deep in your audience’s brain until they are ready for the next step.
For every prelaunch content piece, there is a single theme you should express to accomplish a successful sale at step 4 – the Open Cart.
|Content Piece:||Prelaunch Content Piece (PLC) 1||PLC 2||PLC 3||Open Cart Sequence|
|Theme:||The Opportunity||The Transformation||The Ownership Experience||The Enrollment|
|Intent / What you need to show:||How your client’s life can change or what their life can become.||You are showing how that transformation will show up in their life.||Your potential clients should feel ownership of the change for themselves.||It’s all about enrolling for that change.|
|Tools you can use:||Use fancy short video clips showing their perfect end scenario (for example: life on a beach, walks with a well-behaved dog, etc.).||This is usually done with case studies.||/||You can empower sales success rate by doing a case studies day (which targets social proof) somewhere in the mid of the Open Cart sequence and by hosting closing day ceremonies (which target scarcity). These activities convert a lot of people who are sitting on the edge.|
While there is much more to this basic sales teaching in the course, I also found some excellent storytelling tips in this article.
Use P.S. Path (Problem Solution Path) Instead Of Classic P.A.S.
Use P.S. Path (Problem Solution Path) Instead Of Classic P.A.S.
The Problem Solution (P.S. Path) is the structure of your Prelaunch Content so that it naturally leads to the sale. When done right, it can make your launch super successful. In other words, all the content pieces within a prelaunch sequence are connected with the P.S. path.
In the old-style direct response sales letter, the formula for writing persuasive copy is P.A.S.:
- Problem: Identify your reader’s pain point
- Agitate: Stir it up, so it hurts to the point of discomfort
- Solve: Deliver a solution
But in the Product Launch Formula, Jeff recommends using the P.S. Path, which looks way less aggressive. It goes like this:
- In your first piece of Prelaunch Content (typically a video), you define a problem and solve it. As a result, you give away a lot of value and touch mental triggers (more about that in a while).
- At the end of the same video, you briefly introduce the next problem and stop. By doing that, you leave with the cliffhanger technique – which urges people to return to the following content piece and solve that problem. You are playing with a mental trigger called anticipation.
- In the second content piece, you first go over the problem you described at the end of the first video and continue with a solution. Once again, the solution has the roots of the next problem built into it.
- You continue doing this all the way to the Open Cart video, where you present the ultimate solution: which is buying your product. Till this step, you should have many touchpoints with your audience. And if you gave away a lot of value and built out your authority well, the sales should be flying in.
Target Mental Triggers
Target Mental Triggers
Mental triggers are factors that impact how we make decisions, and Jeff likes to use them a lot in his marketing.
Here some of the most important ones:
|Mental trigger:||How should you trigger it?||What does it do?||Use it in these launch sequences:|
|Stories||By telling good stories.||Good stories engage people to listen and remember story messages (including your marketing message). Marketers use them to influence.||Across all sequences|
|Authority||You teach people valuable knowledge and hopefully create real change in their lives even before you ask for the sale.||When we perceive someone in a position of authority, we pay more attention to them.||Prelaunch|
|Anticipation||You can trigger it by announcing something great yet to come or by leaving things unfinished, as explained above.||It captures attention and drags people to something, an event, or your next Prelaunch Content piece by anticipating what is coming next.||Pre Prelaunch, Prelaunch, Open Cart|
|Reciprocity||By providing real value through the Prelaunch content.||When you give something to someone, they feel they wanna give back to you.||Prelaunch|
|Social proof||Add case studies of successful people or show their testimonials in your content (videos, sales page, emails, etc.).||If we see many other people do it, we’ll do it as well. So that will create an enormous influence on us.||Pre Prelaunch, Prelaunch, Open Cart|
|Community||You are asking people to comment. In these comments, others see that people are paying attention. While that creates social proof, they can also feel a community around the product (course).||We have an inherent need to be a part of a social community and to feel connected to others. It not only makes us feel secure and comfortable, but it also inspires us to take action to achieve our desired results. More…||Prelaunch|
|Scarcity||While you can limit the number of available products, you can also make the offer time-limited (with a definitive end).||When there is a limited amount of something, we tend to want it more as humans.||Open Cart|
You can also see below video for a condensed, illustrated explanation of PLF:
What’s in the course? – Overview
- The Product Launch Formula Coaching Program, including eight complete modules, that walk you through creating your first launch and then growing your launches from there
- The interactive Launch Path feature is your direct shortcut to the most relevant for-you content.
- Action guides, Email swipe copy, a targeted timeline, and checklists to help keep you on track, module by module.
- Complete launch videos and scripts from launches in various markets, with full breakdowns by Jeff himself.
- Transcripts and audio-only files of all the training videos – perfect if you’re like me and like to read more or listen while driving.
- Additional training on how to go beyond just launches, and build your entire business with your launches (The #launchlife or Business Launch Formula).
- A whole year of follow-up Coaching Calls with Jeff’s Platinum Coaches. You will be able to hear your fellow PLF students’ questions and answers — always helpful for your own business. You also get the recordings of all the coaching calls, so you can listen to them again (or catch up if you have to miss one).
- The Facebook PLF Owners Alumni group – there’s pure gold in this group, and it’s where you can really tap into the community
- Jeff’s $5,970.00 bonus:
- Launching Your List – This stand-alone course will teach you how to grow an email list of people hungry for what you offer.
- Product Creation Code – This course shows you how to create an offer that people will line up to pay you for, whether it’s an online program, membership, coaching program, or physical product.
- The full Case Study & Launch Examples Library — If you love to learn by example, this bonus is pure gold.
- Jeff’s $7 million Launch Sample File – this is a copy from his $7 million in launches, plus an additional copy from some of our PLF Owners’ launches. You can use this “sample copy” as a starting point for your launch.
- + 5 other valued bonuses including the “Advanced Launch Multipliers” training, Your Tech Stack Quick Start, The Launch partnership and many others
Review of all 8 Modules – The PLF CORE Roadmap
- Module 1: Preparing to Launch – In this first module, Jeff will teach you about the core strategies and tactics, which can be applied to all types of launches. We could name this part the heart of PLF.
- Module 2: Seed Launch – These lessons are about taking an idea for a product and getting paid to create that product, working closely with your audience.
- Module 3: Internal Launch – Here you will learn how to launch your product to your own list. You want to do this once you’ve created your product (ideally one that you’ve created using a Seed Launch).
- Module 4: Pre Pre-Launch – This module is all about the preparation period before selling your product. It will help if you focus on hard work and detail in creating an email mailing list composed of the right people for your brand.
- Module 5: Pre-Launch – Now you start to develop your launch story based on what you learn in early modules. Finally, you will dig into a problem-solution path, which is crucial for successful marketing.
- Module 6: Open Cart – In this module, you’ll have a guide on every step to make the open cart as smooth sailing as possible, from your Open Cart email sequence to the copy of your offer. In addition, Jeff will analyse actual sales videos from his students and you will learn what’s right and wrong in each of these videos.
- Module 7: Joint Venture Launches – Here, you will go over the sales videos and learn a lot from real examples. This is where Jeff covers how to scale your launch with affiliate partners.
- Module 8: Launch Life – This module is a roadmap for building your business with launches.
I cover details in my review and explain the modules, methods, and bonuses offered in the course. I also talk about their pros and cons that may help you decide if you are still making up your mind about this program. Click here to read my 2022 PLF Review!
Will this PLF program suit you?
The Product Launch Formula will fit you if you fall into one of the categories of people described below:
- You’ve got an existing business that you’re looking to build.
- You might be some practitioner or coach. You’re helping people with money, health, success, relationships, a hobby, a sport, or something else. The PLF might be perfect if you’re working with people one-on-one and feel it’s time to start getting some leverage. It’s time to start getting products out there, so you can make more money without working more hours.
- You’re an author or soon-to-be author, or you’re an artist. Whether you have a book or you’re creating something about art. The reality is that the only person who will market your book or artwork is you. The best way to get it out there is with a launch.
- The fourth category is you’re starting from scratch. You don’t have a list, you don’t have a product, you don’t have a business, and maybe you don’t even have an idea for a business yet, and you need to know where to start.
- There might be another option that you want to help other folks with this launch process. You want to partner with other people and help them launch their products.
If you have a good product, a reasonable offer, work the system, and continue to improve, then you can build a great business using the PLF.
Who is the PLF NOT for?
The PLF is probably not for you if your goal is to “get rich quick” without putting in any work.
What about some student success examples?
Product Launch Formula has been the go-to course for many entrepreneurs. The success of Jeff Walker’s students has been enormous, and they were willing to shoot some testimonial videos. So Jeff did us a favor and covered their success stories in his launch workshop.
One of his students told us how she used this formula to go from zero to $100.000 with PLF. You can read about this PLF success story on this page or watch the full video below:
Who is Jeff Walker?
Jeff Walker is the guy who has been teaching this product launch workshop every year since 2005, and he’s had almost 1 million people go through his training in that time. And they’ve launched all kinds of products, services, courses, books, and even entire businesses in nearly every market, niche, and corner of the world.
If you’re not familiar with Jeff or his work, he created the Product Launch Formula, and I can pretty much guarantee that if you don’t know him, you’ve at least seen some of his clients using the formula, even if you didn’t realize it at that time.
Because of his success and mostly because of the successes of his students, Forbes wrote a huge article with the title: “Why Jeff Walker Is The $400 Million Man — And 7 Lessons You Can Learn From Him.” (They should update the title since the numbers are growing rapidly.)
Beside PLF, Jeff is known by his bestseller book Launch, which has an average rating of 4.5 and more than a thousand positive reviews on Amazon. This gives you the social proof that he is the go-to guy when it comes to launching an online business.
And that’s not all… If you are seriously thinking about jumping on-board, wait until you see
My Irresistible $12,497+ PLF Bonus
Let me explain. I’ve been promoting Jeff Walker’s PLF for years, and there are no secrets. For everyone who enrolls in the course, I’m getting a small referral fee (at no extra cost to you), which helps me run this website and provide for my family.
More importantly, from what I saw when I was jumping on board and from what I heard from people who signed up under me, there’s not been a bad word about this course. I’m so confident about Jeff Walker’s PLF that I decided to offer my ULTIMATE $6,527+ Product Launch Formula BONUS on top of that, which will make a complete offer a NO-BRAINER!
I’ll have to limit it to the first ten people who join PLF through my website, so hurry up! (I’ll update this count regularly through the launch).
7 5 3 BONUSES Left
Bonus #1: Thrive Themes collection (value: $47/month)
Bonus #2: 60 days FREE hosting (value: $100)
Bonus #3: The Perfect Online Classroom bundle (value: $2,497+)
Bonus #4: Email automation software (value: $200+)
Bonus #5: SEO, Traffic & Tech-stack consultation (value: $1,097+)
Bonus #6: IN-House Knowledge Base (value: $1,497+)
In the past few years, I’ve been helping a few of my clients with their product launches, so I know which tools you need to do it properly and cost-effectively. You can ask me anything as part of my PLF bonus offer.
This OFFER is a tough one, so I decided to limit it to 10 customers. If you don’t act, I’m sure your competitor will… Act fast and secure your access!
Jeff Walker’s $5,970.00 BONUS
- BONUS #1: Jeff Walker’s complete “Launching Your List 2.0” video training course
- BONUS #2: the full-blown Product Creation Code video training course
- BONUS #3: The full Case Study & Launch Examples Library
- +5 OTHER VALUED BONUSES: including the “Live Launch” training, Your Tech Stack Quick Start, The Launch partnership and many others…
What Others Say About Jerry Kriznar And His Amazing “No-Where Else Seen” PLF Bonus?
Executive Learning Expert // alchemyww.com
The bonus material that he offered is well researched, clear, concise and extremely helpful!
Myself and my business partner were extremely keen to begin our online business with the PLF formula by Jeff Walker. Although we had registered our interest we were deeply disappointed when we received an email confirming that the registration had closed the 2018 and that we would have to wait until 2018 to begin the process.
And then we found Jerry Kriznar and his last minute offering of entry into the PLF process.
He was absolutely true to his word. Not only did we gain access to the materials to begin development of our online business, the PLF formula, but the bonus material that he offered was well researched, clear, concise and extremely helpful!
We would thoroughly recommend him to you.
Truly, I hope all affiliates are as honest and as helpful as you.
Thanks Jerry for the quality bonuses, especially the free mini i-pad. I’m a newbie just wanting to make a difference in the world and I appreciate your customer service and honesty.
Dr. WAVERLY CHIN
Diagnostic MyoTherapy Practitioner // drchin.com
MSP & IT Support Business Owner & Consultant // nigel.me
I’m so glad that I purchased the course via your website!
Thank you for keeping the word, and sending my Product Launch Formula bonus – just confirming I have now received it. I’m so glad that I purchased the course via your website!
I appreciate your quick response!!! Thank you.
I just got the last part of your awesome bonus!!!! Keep up the good work and thanks again for your tips on SEO strategy!
Founder of Smart to Finish Office Solutions, LLC // smarttofinish.com
Managing director of Mdk GmbH // mdk.digital
Super fast, very personal – which stands out compared to so many other standard support answers – helpful and thus way beyond expectation!
The bonus material came as promised when I signed up and it will take me some time to go through all the valuable material you shared. So, thanks a lot for that! I am looking forward to being a more active part of the PLF community this year.
How to qualify for the ultimate PLF bonus?
- Purchase Product Launch Formula through my link. Click here!
- Forward me your receipt on: bonus (at) productlaunchclass.com with Subject line: “PLF”.
- I will get back to you within 24 hours with all the instructions and my Skype ID.
Note: All the bonuses become available after the refund period is over (14 days). If you will take the 6 installments plan, this means after you pay for the complete PLF training.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
This course comes with a 14-day, full money-back guarantee. That is, if you are unsatisfied at any time during the next 2 weeks, return it for a full refund of every penny you paid (including shipping and handling)… no questions, no hassles.
To recap, you get over $12,497 in bonuses when you invest in Jeff’s Product Launch Formula today…